Friday, March 30, 2012

February 2012 - Cole Classic Ocean Swim

Once again Dunc and I put our names down for the manic Cole Classic. Dunc's wave set off early around 8am. He did the 1km this year and felt he should have automatically done the 2km but I kept reminding him that not only had he had a shoulder reconstruction in August 2011 but a facial reconstruction in September. It is quite amazing that he was doing the race at all, I am bloody proud of him.






Laura and I also did the 1km race but set off over an hour after Dunc's wave. It was super choppy so I switched to 'breast stroke' as I knew how weak my finless freestyle could be. Managed to do it in about 7 minutes faster than last year when I did freestyle!



I could not walk past this wee fella without talking to his owner and of course asking for a photo. Poor thing had been in a 'doggy wheelchair' for the past 8 years since slipping a disc. It had worn nappies for that whole time as well!! Seemed very happy and bolted gaily along Manly beachfront - bless.



No comments: